The Striped Spectators

The Striped Spectators

• December 193D Cinema Drive Experiment

College Certification Tests

Terrell Thomas & Ayana Hope, Contributor

At a young age, we are taught that higher learning is necessary to succeed in life, what they don’t tell you, are the obstacles that stand in our path. In order to attend college there are two administrative tests that stand in your way of attending the college of your dreams: the Act and the Sat and for those of you contemplating the military, you would need the ASVAB test. As seniors we have already traveled the path of registering but, we would like to give you a bit of advice to help you accomplish this goal. The first step is talking to your guidance counselor; they can inform you on the cost, and even recommend getting a fee waiver. Also, you can go to the website https://www.collegeboard.org/ to have an understanding of the test.

I can imagine you are wondering, “Why is this test so important?” Well, test sets the basis for which college will accept you. They want the most excellent students with top scores. If your goal is for a great score, you have a variety of options such as: take an SAT/ACT prep class, hire a tutor, acquire an SAT or ACT study guide book, and even complete online practice tests. In order to receive the top score, be sure to study extremely hard, and get as much rest as possible. There are limited  dates available to take these tests therefore, it is best you begin around August. Not to mention, the earlier the better. You want to always be sure to make the application deadline. Also getting an high score on the SATor ACT increases your chances of receiving scholarships. Overall these tests are here to help you. Do your best and don’t panic, you may always take these tests as many times as needed. Plus, most colleges tend to take your best scores. So do your best, and the rest will fall into place.